twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Monday, February 13, 2012

DIY - changing oil on a Porsche 996

DIY - changing oil on a Porsche 996 Tube. Duration : 10.00 Mins.


A short tutorial to demonstrate how to change oil on your water cooled 911. Applies to 996 and 997 cars - and quite similar for Boxsters and Caymans. Even Turbos and GT3 will be similar (although there's a secondary drain plug on them). I also demonstrate how to open up the filter to inspect for metal particles. A few metal particles is normal - a lot shows excessive wear. Drain plug torque = 37 ft.lbs. Oil filter torque = 19 ft.lbs. Oil capacity - 8.7 quarts Sorry for some of the jumpy editing, but I had to keep it under 10 minutes for YouTube.

Tags: Porsche, 911, 996, 997, boxster, cayman, carrera, DIY, tutorial, oil, change, filter, drain, maintenance

No comments:

Post a Comment